Craft Cook Sew Decorate Image Map

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Dress For Me...


I bought this dress at Target for $6 and wanted to dress it up a little.
So I cut off an 8 inch strip of this black lace that I had.
Then I gathered it down the center.
Then I folded it in half and sewed an end together at a slight angle.

This is what it looked like with one end sewn together.  Then I pinned it to the front and sewed along the top and down the middle.
Then I added this square gold button and it's done!


2 comments:

Caroline @ Artfully Caroline said...

Totally cute ! And classy

Thanks for sharing your idea

Caroline
http://ateliercaroline.blogspot.com/

Mimi said...

HI MISS FERGIE!!
Oh I love what you did!!
That dress if fit to wear to any special occasion now!!!just the right touch!!!
I am planning on buying a sewing machine any day now!!!
I am going to start on pillows!!!They seem to be the perfect start, and the pillow I won from you would be a perfect guide!!!I love it by the way!!
I am having a western theme party and I am going to make red bandana pillows!!So sewing here I come ready or not!!
hugs,
jamie