Then I decided to have a pleated finish so I started folding and pinning every 2 inches back and forth. I didn't calculate the measurements so once I got close to the end I had to fudge it a little.
Then with pins in place I sewed along the top edge.
Below is roughly what it should look like. If you want to make it alot easier you can just have a gathered skirt instead of pleats.
I also added a red ribbon to the bottom edge. Next I ironed all the pleats to make them crisp looking.
Next I pinned some 1 inch white elastic to the pleated skirt and sewed it together. For better instructions and how to attach elastic band click HERE.
You could leave it as a skirt but...
So for the pocket hem 3 sides close to the edge.
Then I pinned it in place and sewed the pocket along the 2 sides and bottom edge to polka dot fabric. I then took big red ric rac and sewed it along the 3 sides of the polka dot fabric edges.
But of course once Tori went to school she finally caved and put it on for me :).