Craft Cook Sew Decorate Image Map

Friday, June 18, 2010

Easy and Delicious Baked Beans...

This recipe is one of my mom's and isn't from scratch but it is seriously so good.  And the best part is it tastes like it's from scratch without all the hassle. 



Easy and Delicious Baked Beans
1 large can of baked beans. I use the big can of 117 ounces because of my large family. Saute 3/4 cup of chopped onion and 1/2 cup of chopped bell pepper , cook 4 to 6 slices of bacon until crisp. , save bacon fat, crumble bacon and add a little bacon fat for flavor, add sauteed onions,and bell pepper.  Now add 3/4 cup of brown sugar, 1 cup of catsup, 4 Tbls. of mustard, 1/2 cup molasses and salt and pepper to taste. If you don't have molasses it still taste good without it.  Simmer on the stove until all ingredients are warmed up, or put it in crock pot and serve hot. (After reading these ingredients and being the health nut I am, I'm sure it would still taste good without the bacon fat. )  I think my mom and Paula Dean would be good friends, ha.

No comments: