Craft Cook Sew Decorate Image Map

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Craft Room Part 3...


I finally painted my craft room this weekend and I love it.  I spent a lot of time trying to find the perfect colors to have the result of a Tiffany Blue.  My end result was different than I was planning, but I like it even more than I thought.  I'll be showing tomorrow how I actually have a linen/raked look using two colors on the wall, but ended up glazing over it.  But I'll show tutorials on how to do both faux finishes-How to glaze/antique walls and how to give walls a linen/raked look.
We also put up a fan which was much needed  for cooler air.  I'd much rather have some snazzy chandelier, but let's get real, we live in a desert.
You can also see the chicken wire textured faux I have in my kitchen that I'll never change because I love it so much.  Yes, my craft room is right by my kitchen.  Weird I know, but that's just the way it worked out.  I'm  going to put up some drapes so that I can close it off when I need too.
I'm going to start the window treatments for this room this week. I can't wait!
The feel of the room is so calming now.  I did love the red when we used it as a dining room, but it felt so closed in once I was using it as a place to create things.  This new color is so makes the room open and peaceful.
Here's a little close up of the glazed walls.  I'm making a framed peg board with dowels to hold all of my thread for this space below.
I also have plans to add black crown moulding and trim to the shelving.  And I'm planing on adding some fun fabric to the faces of those black and teal bins to tie the whole room together.
Goodbye Romantice Red, hello Tiffany Blue- I love you.

3 comments:

tammy said...

It looks great. I loved the red, but I can see why you'd want a lighter color in there. And I think having it off the kitchen is perfect. I do most of my crafting in the kitchen, but my sewing and craft supplies are all upstairs.

Tami said...

I love your craft room!

Artistic Impressions Photography by Gina said...

I love it. Can't wait to see it first hand. You are so fast too. Tell me, how do you do it!! I want to be like you when I grow up.. and look like you too. Can you blog about that??